At Murray Andrews Ltd, nothing is more important to us than ensuring the health and safety of the public, our personnel and the surrounding environment. Whether undertaking tarmac surfacing, screw piling or pothole repairs in the Maidstone area, our dedicated civil engineers and road repair contractors are passionate about maintaining the excellent standards for health and safety we set throughout the entire company.
As a responsible and conscientious company, Murray Andrews Ltd strictly adheres to the current Health and Safety Regulations, British Standards, Codes of Practice and guidance notes, as well as industry best practices.
Our civil engineers, road repair contractors, managers and supervisors carry the necessary qualifications and accreditations to help us achieve this goal.
Some of these certifications include:
• Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) – CSCS cards prove that operatives in the construction industry have the appropriate qualifications and training to work on site. While this is not a legal requirement, we prefer the relevant employees to hold this card while operating in the Maidstone area.
• Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) – In order to get this card, our civil engineers and operatives must pass the relevant tests, including the CITB health, safety and environment test.
• Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) - Any manager at Murray Andrews Ltd overseeing work by our civil engineers or road repair contractors has achieved this qualification.
• Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) – This safety qualification is a requirement for anyone supervising our civil engineers and road repair contractors while they carry out such jobs as screw piling, pothole repairs and tarmac surfacing around Maidstone.
• ISO 9001 – This specifies the requirements for a quality management system, demonstrating that any products or services a company offers meet regulatory and customer requirements.
• ISO 14001 – This specifies the requirements for an environmental management system, helping Murray Andrews Ltd and our personnel to reduce environmental impacts and control our environmental aspects, when performing tasks like tarmac surfacing, pothole repairs and screw piling.
• OHSAS 18001 – Our compliance with this management system standard enables us to identify and manage hazards and risks in the workplace.
• Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) – This organisation sets the industry benchmarks for health and safety compliance, which our civil engineers and road repair contractors strive to adhere to when undertaking pothole repairs, screw piling and tarmac surfacing throughout Maidstone.
• SafeContractor – Accreditation from this market-leading health and safety accreditation system helps Murray Andrews Ltd demonstrate our commitment to health and safety standards, to potential and existing customers.
• Achilles Utilities Vendor Data Base (UVDB) – This pre-qualification system helps to limit supply chain risks, while complying with EU regulations.
• BuildingConfidence – This is the registration and accreditation standard for the UK’s construction industry.
As a reliable company committed to the safety and welfare of our employees, we provide the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for our civil engineers and road repair contractors. This enables them to safely carry out work such as tarmac surfacing, pothole repairs and screw piling around the Maidstone area.
Murray Andrews Ltd also ensures our employees undertake regular training and refresher courses to remain current with the latest equipment and techniques. This is essential in helping us maintain compliance with current Health and Safety Regulations.
Our commitment to safety is one of the many reasons that customers in the Maidstone area choose Murray Andrews Ltd.